I am very often asked which printers I use for my small business.
I currently use 3 different printers for different purposes.
Continue reading about my printers below. To learn more about each one, click on the name of the printer below, and it will take you to a website that sells that printer.
- I purchased this amazing printer from Best Buy.
- It runs on Dye based ink, which means that I can still use Koala brand paper, which is notoriously known for requiring Dye based ink.
- I love that it prints quickly, and it is a wide format printer, so it prints up to 13x19.
2) Canon Pixma ix6820 Large Format Printer
- I've been using this printer since 2019.
- The print quality is amazing, and runs on dye based ink cartridges.
- It prints up to 13x19.
- I'm currently not using this printer only because I need to replace a part, and haven't had any luck finding the piece, which is actually why I went off and bought the Epson printer.
- I most often use Koala paper with this printer, or Hammermill 13x19 matte paper.
- I will admit to not liking how much ink it uses. I have to always make sure I have a ton of ink on standby (which I get from inkjets.com), and also, while it prints beautifully, it also prints acceptionally slowly.
- I got this laser printer in hopes of printing all of my orders much quicker, but what I got in speed, I lost in quality.
- I know there are a ton of people out there who highly recommend laser printers for this business of ours, but I'm not one of those people. I truly do not recommend laser printers for our purposes.
- I now only use this printer to print out the invoice order sheets, and shipping labels for my orders. I also use it for general black and white printing.
- This printer is also incredibly big and heavy. It takes up a ton of space.
- Toner cartridges - While they last forever, they also cost an arm and a leg, so if you do plan to get yourself a laser printer, be prepared to spend a TON of money all at once.